Of all the best known business improvement approaches, the gold-standard of quality management is the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. It was established by the United States Congress in mid 1980’s to encourage American companies to improve their performance by adopting tried-and-true best practices. Traditional barriers for small businesses have included cost, complexity, and even awareness to their availability. (Most never heard of Baldrige or the term "Quality Management Practices.")
Our approach is results-driven. We start with a conversation to discuss your organization's wants and needs to improve its performance. We then literally work side-by-side with you to put theory into practice and implement a Baldrige-based system to accomplish desired results. The key to success for a Performance Excellence program is the participation and commitment of the senior leaders. We help educate senior leaders to gain and sustain their buy-in.
Here are just a few topics we will help with:
- Leadership: Effective leadership requires you to create a company-wide “management framework.” Use your framework to develop and implement your company’s unique mission, vision and values.
- Strategic Planning & Customer/ Market Focus: Effective strategic planning requires you to tie your company’s objectives to evolving customer needs and market dynamics. It requires you to implement your company’s mission and vision using a clearly defined, aligned and communicated strategic plan. Your plan must be supported by relevant policies, initiatives, objectives, targets and processes.
- Knowledge Management: All Baldrige areas depend on the creation and communication of needed measurements, analysis and knowledge.
- Workforce Focus: Effective employee management requires you to engage the full potential of your people at an individual, team and organization-wide level. You must ensure your employees support your company’s strategies and the consistent operation of its processes.
- Process Management: Process is at the heart, because, to sustain long-term growth and continued market relevance you need to design, manage and continually improve processes that support your strategies that create value for customers, owners, other stakeholders and society as a whole.
- Results: “If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.” We will help you identify and track progress related to employee performance, process improvement and strategic implementation.
For a free initial consultation contact us
for more information.